Georgia WFP Organizer
Working Families Party
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
About the Working Families Party
The Working Families Party (WFP) is the progressive party for the multiracial working class, fighting for a nation that works for the many, not the few. We recruit, train, and support transformational candidates up and down the ballot — and run them to win.
We believe that no matter where we come from or what our color, most of us want the same things. We want to earn enough to thrive, not just survive, and leave a better future for our kids. We want healthy food and clean water, safe neighborhoods and a safe world. We want to be free.
The Working Families Party is regular people coming together across our differences to make a better future for us all. We’re a multiracial party that fights for workers over bosses and people over the powerful. We want an America which realizes the promise – unrealized in our history – of freedom and equality for all.
The Working Families Party is seeking a passionate and dedicated Organizer to join our team and play a key role in our mission to advance progressive policies and elect candidates who stand up for working families. As an Organizer, you will be responsible for building and executing membership programs and managing direct voter contact field programs that win elections and build support for WFP in Metro Atlanta.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Campaigns and Elections
- Implement comprehensive direct voter contact field plans to support Working Families Party-endorsed candidates in local, state, and federal elections.
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of dedicated volunteers to conduct voter outreach, canvassing, phone banking, and other grassroots activities.
- Collaborate with community organizations, labor unions, and other partners to engage voters from diverse backgrounds.
- Utilize data and voter contact tools to identify, persuade, and turn out voters in support of Working Families Party candidates.
- Organize and execute voter events, early voting initiatives, and election day operations to maximize turnout among target demographics.
- Track and report on key performance indicators, including voter contact metrics, volunteer engagement, and electoral outcomes, to measure the effectiveness of field operations.
- Hold 1:1 meetings to assess leaders interested in running for office and/or working on political campaigns.
- Monitor political opportunities, grow a candidate watch list and work with partners on candidate recruitment events and opportunities to recruit leaders in priority areas.
- Build and activate relationships with partners, local leaders, community stakeholders, and members to identify grassroots and progressive candidates to run for office.
- Plan and execute public trainings for progressive candidates, organizers and campaign staff interested in working in the progressive movement.
- Run endorsement progress including staffing endorsement committees, writing district profiles, member turnout for candidate interviews and engaging partners and members in WFP’s candidate vetting process.
- Build relationships with individual activists, members, and leaders
- Lead efforts to organize individuals into WFP
- Help grow the broad base of support for our issue and electoral priorities
- Manage contact lists and maintain up to date records in our database
- Grow the membership base by hosting virtual and in-person membership meetings, mass meetings/convenings, house parties, canvasses, text parties, trainings, etc. that gather supporters and members, help elect WFP candidates, and build the party.
- Organize opportunities for members to take leadership in movement-building work
- Other duties as assigned.
Build a candidate pipeline and run candidate endorsements
Organize party building activities
Skills and Qualifications
- A deep commitment to progressive values and the mission of the Working Families Party.
- Previous experience in political or community organizing, preferably in electoral campaigns or issue advocacy.
- Existing relationships with progressive organizations and leaders in Georgia, working knowledge of issues that impact working families in Georgia and understanding of the political landscape
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage and motivate diverse groups of people.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Familiarity with voter contact tools, data management systems, and digital organizing techniques is a plus.
- 1-2 electoral cycles working on a candidate campaign, staffing an independent expenditure or coordinated candidate program
- Experience planning and facilitating meetings and staffing coalition efforts
- Willingness to work nontraditional hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed for community meetings and during peak campaign periods.
What Else Should You Know
- Compensation: The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $70,000. The final salary will be determined based on an internal equitable scale that takes into consideration years of experience, geographic location, and final job description. We also offer a robust benefit package for full time employees including paid time off; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plan options; professional development funding; and remote work support.
- Location: The position is full-time and based in the Metro Atlanta area.
- Schedule: Full Time and Permanent.
- Union Affiliation: WFP is a unionized workplace. This is a nonmanagerial role eligible to join WFP's staff bargaining unit after six months of employment. WFP's union employees are represented by the New York Metropolitan Area Joint Board, Workers United union.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Working Families is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to economic and social justice. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to apply for or perform the essential functions of the job should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Application Accommodation" to request such an accommodation.