GA WFP Elections Director
Working Families Party
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
About the Working Families Party
The Working Families Party (WFP) is the progressive party for the multiracial working class, fighting for a nation that works for the many, not the few. We recruit, train, and support transformational candidates up and down the ballot — and run them to win.
We believe that no matter where we come from or what our color, most of us want the same things. We want to earn enough to thrive, not just survive, and leave a better future for our kids. We want healthy food and clean water, safe neighborhoods and a safe world. We want to be free.
The Working Families Party is regular people coming together across our differences to make a better future for us all. We’re a multiracial party that fights for workers over bosses and people over the powerful. We want an America which realizes the promise – unrealized in our history – of freedom and equality for all.
The Working Families Party is seeking a passionate and dedicated Elections Director to join our team and play a key role in our mission to advance progressive policies and elect candidates who stand up for working families. As the GA WFP Elections Director, you will be responsible for managing the electoral program and scaling it across the state.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Electoral Programs & Candidate Pipeline
- Research districts and candidates
- Establish and manage endorsement committees
- Maintain a list of completed WFP candidate questionnaires and manage candidate interview process
- Have 1:1 meetings with allies to gather information about prospective targeted districts and possible candidates
- Coordinate election day operations and post-election analysis of voter engagement
- Develop and execute strategies to engage and mobilize voters including get-out-the-vote efforts and targeted outreach to key constituencies
- Foster and maintain relationships with community organizations, labor unions, and advocacy groups to build electoral coalitions and maximize support for WFP candidates
- Develop and manage staff in executing data-informed voter contact plans for electoral campaigns including creating target universes, creating direct voter contact plans, training on campaign tools (Votivate, VAN, Mobilize, Scale to Win, Reach) and tracking data and progress to goals
- Planning for and participation in management meetings as well as endorsement committee meetings
- Recruit, develop and supervision of election staff responsible for running field programs and endorsement processes
- Manage, or supervise the management, of all election campaign work in Georgia including the creation of direct voter contact field plans to support Working Families Party-endorsed candidates in local, state, and federal elections
- Create strategy and execute WFP electoral campaigns, including running independent expenditures, coordinating with candidate campaigns, coaching staff, developing campaign messaging, building voter outreach and volunteer programs
- Research districts and create district profiles, assess political landscape and priority districts
- Develop of materials and systems to enhance efficiency, e.g. sample election plans and district profiles
- Fundraising: Fundraise for electoral programs in Georgia
- Compliance and Reporting: Ensure compliance with all election laws and regulations, including timely and accurate filing of campaign finance reports and adherence to campaign ethics guidelines. Consults with legal counsel as needed to ensure full compliance.
Management & Strategy
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in campaigns and elections (3-4 cycles) with significant field and organizing responsibilities
- A deep commitment to progressive values and the mission of the WFP
- Existing relationships with progressive organizations and leaders in Georgia, working knowledge of issues that impact working families in Georgia and understanding of the political landscape
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage and motivate diverse groups of people.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience working on electoral campaigns running direct voter contact programs
- Experience managing volunteers and/or organizers
- Experience using voter contact tools (VAN, Minivan, Votivate, Scale to win, Spoke), data management systems, and digital organizing tools.
- Experience planning and facilitating meetings and staffing coalition efforts
- Experience managing and developing staff, identifying talent and motivating a team to execute goals
- Willingness to work nontraditional hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed for community meetings and during peak campaign periods
What Else Should You Know
- Compensation: The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $90,000. The final salary will be determined based on an internal equitable scale that takes into consideration years of experience, geographic location, and final job description. We also offer a robust benefit package for full time employees including paid time off; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plan options; professional development funding; and remote work support.
- Location: The position is full-time and based in the Metro Atlanta area.
- Schedule: Full Time and Permanent.
- Union Affiliation: WFP is a unionized workplace. This is a managerial position, not included in our bargaining unit. WFP's union employees are represented by the New York Metropolitan Area Joint Board, Workers United union.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Working Families is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to economic and social justice. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to apply for or perform the essential functions of the job should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Application Accommodation" to request such an accommodation.