Operations Project Manager
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
This role will work directly for CLASI and will not be an employee of Working Families.
Community Labor Administrative Services, Inc. is a non-stock not-for profit company offering a range of administrative services to a wide portfolio of clients in both the Non-Profit Sector and the world of American Progressive Politics.
The role of operations project manager requires a highly organized, dependable and proactive individual. This person will support the day-to-day administrative operations of Community Labor Administrative Services Inc. (CLASI) and all of its affiliated entities. This critical position requires an interest in creating and implementing new systems to improve productivity and efficiency. Specifically, this staff person will support the implementation of our new expense management and ticketing systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operations Systems
- Project manage the implementation of new operations and finance systems including expense management and tracking of employee requests.
- Throughout implementation of new systems, review processes and analyze them for efficiency and where needed, propose improvements and new processes to Equity People, Inclusion, & Culture (EPIC), Finance and Operations leadership.
- Lead staff training on new expense management and ticketing systems, including live trainings, providing resources, one on one support, as needed, and onboarding new staff
- Assist the Director of Operations and CFO in managing the organization’s corporate credit card including pulling monthly reports for all departments, performing cursory reviews of reports and transactions for compliance, flagging staff out of compliance and help enforce rules around compliance.
- Manage employee credit card program by issuing and closing card accounts, increasing and decreasing credit limits, providing technical support and training, and managing system of receipt and documentation collection.
- Manage and distribute mail to the appropriate staff people twice a week (though that schedule may increase, depending on volume and demand in 2024).
- Maintain adequate office supplies and materials in the NY office and order supplies for satellite offices and staff working remotely.
- Ship materials and key assets (organizational banners, swag, etc.) to offices/ staff around the country.
- Manage co-working office space for NY-based staff including negotiating the lease, receiving visitors, training staff on reserving short term conference and meeting spaces, requesting repairs needed in offices and other on site requests as needed.
- Answer phone calls and return voicemail messages from the general public.
- Move materials and records between the main office location and offsite storage and maintain an inventory offsite storage inventory.
- Move materials and records over to the offsite storage location, as needed, to ensure the office spaces are clean and functional for an optimal work environment.
- Oversee office moves, including all logistics involved in moving offices.
- Assist in identifying office space solutions for staff around the country, as needed.
- Create and manage an emergency contact system for all CLASI employees.
- Lead key projects to support staff across the party, for example coordinating care packages and tracking and managing tech purchases.
- Support processes associated with hiring new staff members including ordering office furniture and other supplies to get them set up to work effectively from a home office.
- Track all office furniture and technology equipment purchased for remote staff.
- Support offboarding of staff by closing down credit card and travel booking accounts when staff members leave.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Operations, CFO and the EPIC Director, which includes but is not limited to creating, maintaining, and editing spreadsheets, files, and presentations in Google Drive and Excel, and creating reports as needed.
- Assist the Events Manager, as needed, on group and event travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Office Management & General Administrative Support
Skills & Qualifications:
- Highly organized: You can keep a clear head and stay on top of your responsibilities, while managing multiple tasks and moving parts. You know how to prioritize and you’re skilled at creating and using systems that help you and others keep track of deadlines and manage time efficiently.
- Proactive problem-solver: You feel a sense of ownership and responsibility for your work. You don’t wait for someone to give you direction. You keep your eyes out for important gaps and areas of need and proactively seek solutions.
- Trustworthy and dependable: Once you commit to a task and a deadline, you follow through. You have a diligent work ethic and personal drive and you’re able to work independently.
- Clear and Proactive Communicator: If you need assistance to complete a task or if something comes up that might cause you to miss a deadline, you communicate the situation and what you need swiftly and clearly. You always communicate when tasks are completed. You are able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Adaptable and quick-thinking: You can stretch, grow, and course-correct as needed. You manage unexpected tasks and challenges well and you thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments. You learn quickly and are comfortable with technology.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with a variety of staff, vendors, partners and WFP members. Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, one-on-one and in a group.
- Experience in project management, including four or more years of operations experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in the implementation of new tools and systems.
- High comfort and strong understanding of administrative tools and communication platforms, including Google Suite, Slack, Concur, Zoom, Excel, and CRMs.
- Deep and demonstrated commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice.
- Interest in progressive politics, political issues and current events; electoral campaigns experience a plus.
- Experience with Emburse, Zen Desk or similar systems.
Nice to haves:
What Else Should You Know
- Salary: The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $90,000. The final salary will be determined based on an internal equitable scale that takes into consideration years of experience, geographic location, and final job description. We also offer a robust benefit package for full time employees including paid time off; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plan options; professional development funding; and remote work support.
- Location: The position is full-time and is a hybrid position based in New York City that requires some in person work, including working from the office currently two days a week (subject to increase). The position will involve some travel to assist with large events.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CLASI is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to economic and social justice. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to apply for or perform the essential functions of the job should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Application Accommodation" to request such an accommodation.