Muslim Anti-Racism Collaborative
Location: Remote, ideally based in Midwest (Chicagoland or metro Detroit preferred)
Reports To: Operations Director
MuslimARC, a 501c3, is a leading human rights education non-profit. We seek a dedicated member of our team to strengthen our organizational fund development strategies and build a more equitable future through anti-racism education.
This position is responsible for working with the Operations Director, Board of Directors, and Advisory Board to plan and coordinate fund development and donor relations for MuslimARC. This manager performs vital duties including but not limited to grant application, donor engagement, and fundraising implementation. This key organizational team member provides leadership on all fundraising initiatives including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation and grant writing. Above all, the development manager must identify, organize and manage the fundraising activities with a focus on maintaining organizational sustainability through diverse streams of funding including ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, faith communities, and individuals. Lastly, the ideal candidate for this position must have a deep understanding of MuslimARC’s work and impact in order to develop relationships with funders and donors through briefings, convenings, and special events.
Tasks assigned to the Development Manager will broadly fall into these three broader buckets of support:
Strengthens relationships with philanthropy in the racial justice
- Maintain standardized organizational processes and tools used for financial grant management including grant calendar, proposals, and reporting deadlines.
- Identify potential grants and ensure grants align with larger organizational programs and goals
- Write and complete application forms/proposals for submission in coordination with Operations Director
Strengthen relationships with major donors
- Manage donor records in donor management database including individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- Identify potential funders and maintain relationships with supporters and donors through communications and reporting
- Ensure compliance with donor regulations and requirements; including reporting protocols, various donor reporting templates, donor approval policies and procedures, and award close-out procedures
- Write and disseminate timely recognitions of donors and their contributions as appropriate
Strengthen organizational sustainability efforts
- Oversee the implementation and execution of the organization’s fundraising programming and campaigns to meet year-end goals
- Coordinate with our Finance committee to ensure proper tracking and distribution of donor and grant funds
- Reporting of the organization’s fundraising programming and campaigns to meet year-end goals
In addition to these larger budgets, the Development Manager may be asked to perform miscellaneous tasks as needed by the organization. These additional tasks may include developing social media outreach strategies in coordination with donation drives, deepening membership and client drives, and writing front-facing public materials to drive fundraising such as newsletters.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and training
- Certified Fundraising Executive and Certified Fundraising Professional or equivalent in training
- Minimum of 3-5 years of grant writing or grant management, specifically with non-profits
- Racial equity and inclusion (REI) experience, skills, and values
- Commitment to MuslimARC’s core values, including experience working with diverse ethnic, religious, and racial communities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and/or projections.
- Ability to work independently with a virtual team as well as function as a team player
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office and GSuites
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to network.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality, accurate work within tight deadlines
- Developed mission-driven plans to reach funders and supporters to achieve results. Demonstrated track record with grant writing and donor relations, through
- Experience working with Muslim and BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) communities required
As an anti-racist organization, we are committed to providing fair, equitable compensation. Perks of working with MuslimARC include the following:
- Receive a competitive salary package of $60,000-$70,000 commensurate with experience as well as a benefits package including 2 weeks paid-time-off; all major and Islamic holidays off; health, vision, and dental benefits; training budget; and full flexibility on remote work.
- Work in a supportive and inclusive environment with open communication and full transparency with the Executive Director and Board.
- Become a key factor in our rapid growth and have a significant role in shaping and executing the organization’s vision. The Development Manager will be eligible for bi-annual salary review and promotional opportunities upon successful performance.
- Be part of a dynamic, national team of scholars, activists, and educators across the country that work for and volunteer with MuslimARC and that are passionate and dedicated about seeing the organization succeed.
Join us at MuslimARC and our pledge to fight racism within Muslim communities, among Muslim communities, and society at large. All applications received by April 3, 2023 will be prioritized. Email your resumes and cover letters to [email protected]
To download this position description, click here.