U.S. IT Specialist (New York)
International Refugee Assistance Project
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
About IRAP’s Operations Department and the Tech Team
IRAP is a global legal aid and advocacy organization working to create a world where refugees and all people seeking safety are empowered to claim their right to freedom of movement and a path to lasting refuge. IRAP currently operates out of offices in the USA, Germany, Jordan, and Lebanon.
We are looking for an IT Specialist based in New York City to join IRAP’s Technology team to support our staff, interns, volunteers and affiliates around the globe, who make IRAP’s vision a reality.
- In this role, you will support both in-person and remote staff. You will report to the U.S. Technology Systems Manager and work closely with the Europe IT Specialist. Your responsibilities will include:
- Resolve technical support requests from staff via an internal ticketing system in a timely, empathetic and helpful way, including chat, video and in-person troubleshooting
- Own the procurement, setup, maintenance, and inventory of hardware including computers, phones, and workstation peripherals
- Administer hardware including macOS, iOS, and Windows devices
- Administer IT software including Google Workspace, Jamf, Intune, and Okta
- Manage IT vendor and contractor relationships
- Conduct onboarding and offboarding, including end-to-end hardware & software setup of new hires
- Develop and maintain IT help documentation
- Train staff on using IT resources and supported SaaS applications
- Manage the New York office IT infrastructure including hardware, network, firewall, and conferencing systems (training can be provided)
- Collaborate with members of the Technology and Operations teams on projects, including but not limited to Security, Finance, HR
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Tech Support or IT Helpdesk role
- Experience with administering Windows, MacOS, or iOS devices
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Jamf, Microsoft Intune and Active Directory, Google Workspace, Cisco Meraki, Okta, VPN management
- Fluency in business English, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with a project management approach (e.g. Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban)
- Aptitude for working both autonomously and collaboratively within a team, across varying seniority levels
- Capacity to identify, prioritize, and manage your workload
- Openness to feedback and continuous improvement of work, including a willingness to learn new technologies as the need arises
- Undergraduate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
- Experience with IT security technologies like EDR, MDR, Firewall, Anti-malware
- Project management certification like PMP, SAFe Agile
- Experience supporting a global organization
- Experience with IT support software like Zendesk, Salesforce, ServiceNow
Location and Hours
The position is hybrid and will be based in IRAP’s office in New York City. The candidate is expected to work onsite 2-3 days per week. Depending on project and office needs or special circumstances, there may be weeks requiring onsite work for more than 3 days.
The New York office address is: One Battery Park Plaza, New York, New York 10004.
This position may require travel to IRAP office locations or for departmental retreats, including but not limited to: Washington D.C., Amman, and Berlin at a frequency of 1-3 weeks per year.
This is a full-time position, requiring a commitment of 40 hours per week.
The annual salary range for this position is $73,313 - $87,539 commensurate with experience. This role is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
IRAP’s benefits vary across office locations, and IRAP seeks to offer equitable and generous benefits to all employees. IRAP’s U.S. benefits include:
Fully paid family health insurance
Retirement options (401k matching)
Extensive PTO (20 or more vacation days & 19 org-wide holidays)
Office closure December 25-January 1
Comprehensive leave time for sickness
A wellness reimbursement twice per year
Disability and parenting (4 months of parental leave)
Work from home equipment for hybrid and remote staff
Generous opportunities for professional development
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact details for three references.
References shall mean persons who know you in a professional or academic capacity and are willing to provide a written or verbal recommendation at IRAP’s request. Formal reference letters can be submitted but are not required.
Review of applications will occur on a rolling basis until a hire is made.
IRAP is an equal-opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. IRAP does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ethnic background, religion, political orientation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or any other protected class. We consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all local, state, and federal laws related to the Fair Chance Act.