U.S. IT Specialist (New York)
International Refugee Assistance Project
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
About IRAP’s Operations Department and the Tech Team
IRAP is a global legal aid and advocacy organization working to create a world where
refugees and all people seeking safety are empowered to claim their right to freedom of
movement and a path to lasting refuge. IRAP currently operates out of offices in the USA,
Germany, Jordan, and Lebanon.
We are looking for an IT Specialist based in New York City to join IRAP’s Technology team to
support our staff, interns, volunteers and affiliates around the globe, who make IRAP’s
vision a reality.
- In this role, you will support both in-person and remote staff. You will report to the U.S. Technology Systems Manager and work closely with the Europe IT Specialist. Your responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical support requests via an internal ticketing system, and occasionally chat and video calls or in person, in a timely manner for global IRAP staff
- Walk staff through the problem solving process in a friendly and helpful way, and follow up to ensure their issues have been resolved
- Own the procurement, setup, maintenance, and inventory of computers, phones, and workstation peripherals in North America
- Co-administer, manage, and support macOS, iOS, Windows, various SaaS applications, Google Workspace, Jamf, Intune, and Okta and/or manage contractor relationships for such responsibilities
- Own the Tech onboarding and offboarding processes in North America, including end-to-end setup of new hires and running new hire onboarding calls
- Create, update, and co-manage internal documentation
- Train staff occasionally on using IT resources and supported SaaS applications
- Collaborate on projects with other members of the Tech team or Operations
- Own the maintenance of and updates for the New York office network and firewall (training can be provided) and/or manage contractor relationships for such responsibilities
- Maintain and update the New York office conferencing systems
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical support role
- 1-3 years of project management experience
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Jamf Pro, Microsoft Intune and Active Directory, Google Workspace, Cisco Meraki, Logitech Sync
- Experience supporting Windows PC, MacOS, and iOS
- Ability to listen well, express ideas clearly, and solve problems competently
- Aptitude for working both autonomously and collaboratively within a team, across varying seniority levels
- Capacity to identify, prioritize, and manage your work
- Willingness to learn new technologies as the need arises
- Meet the needs of staff with curiosity and empathy
- Openness to feedback and a bias towards continuous improvement of work
- Fluent or high proficiency in business English, both written and verbal
- An undergraduate degree in IT or a related field, or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Wireless)
- Experience with security technologies
- Project management certification
- Experience supporting a global organization
- Experience with knowledge base management
Location and Hours
The position will be based in IRAP’s office in New York City. The candidate is expected to work onsite 2-3 days per week. Depending on project and office needs or special circumstances, there may be weeks requiring onsite work for more than 3 days.
The New York office address is: One Battery Park Plaza, New York, New York 10004.
This position may require travel to IRAP office locations or for departmental retreats, including but not limited to: Beirut, Amman, and Berlin at a frequency of 1-3 weeks per year.
This is a full-time position, requiring a commitment of 40 hours per week. This role is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
The annual salary range for this position is $73,313 - $87,539 commensurate with experience.
IRAP’s benefits vary across office locations, and IRAP seeks to offer equitable and generous benefits to all employees. IRAP’s U.S. benefits include:
● Fully paid family health insurance
● Retirement options (401k matching)
● Extensive PTO (20 or more vacation days & 19 org-wide holidays)
● Office closure December 25-January 1
● Comprehensive leave time for sickness
● A wellness reimbursement twice per year
● Disability and parenting (4 months of parental leave)
● Reimbursement for work from home equipment
● Generous opportunities for professional development
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
References shall mean the contact details of persons who know you in a professional or academic capacity and are willing to provide a written or verbal recommendation at IRAP’s request. Formal reference letters can be submitted but are not required.
Review of applications will start November 3 and continue on a rolling basis until a hire is made.
Candidates will be contacted for first round interviews after November 17 and those advancing to second round interviews will be asked to complete a timed exercise.